Home Grown Styro-bator

I decided I was going to make this personal! I did my research and began gather materials to make my very own Styrofoam incubator :) Here is how it went!

First, we cut a square slightly smaller that a glass from an 8x10 frame we had. Then just past that we cut it down a bit so the glass would set flush.



We went around the edge with duck tape.

Placed the glass inside the newly cut hole and duck taped it down.

Next we put in a light socket! To produce the heat.


After watching the temperature and humidity for a while I decided to go out and buy a thermostat. In it goes...


Now. The cooler is in my closet. No drafts and I am currently regulating the temp. It is staying about 100 degrees. I need it to be closer to 101 in a still air incubator. The humidity is really doing well hanging around 40%!

0 comments: