Update...

Here is my update...

Eggs have been in for 3 hours and 45 minutes. The temp went WAY down and I finally have it regulated..again..I think wink

I KNOW I said I wasn't going to mess with the humidity but I did... roll The humidity is now 37% and the temp reads (currently) 100. The crazy/frustrating thing is that the temp goes to 102 for 3 seconds not bad considering I think it probably changes to 102 when it is actually about 101.5 and for 3 seconds I doubt the inner egg is changing any.

The light bulb goes off.....12 minutes later the light bulb comes on. The temp on the Acurite reads 95 YIKES! but it really goes down fast. I have another thermometer..regular glass thermometer...it reads just under 100 when the light comes back on..MAYBE as low as 98 for just a little bit then right back up. The light bulb goes on....stays on about the same amount of time before cutting off again. In theory....I think...the internal egg isn't having enough time to loose enough heat to harm the growth. Cycling every 12-15 minutes??

I think I am good....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanna see that fancy hens house sister

Anxious said...

I will post all the pics soon! Right now it is raining and need to take an almost finish pic. The hubs will finish it up tomorrow morning and then trim it all up and paint it soon!!! Have to finish it all up tomorrow as we are picking up chickens tomorrow!!!!